Saturday, April 18, 2009

I, Zica, interviewed by Gui, my childhood enemy*…


Gui: Were you born this way, weird?
Zica: Oh, nobody is born weird, we just end up being weird!
Gui: And who is to blame?
Zica: My parents, who were never there, and my nanny, who was there all the time!
Gui: What’s on the other side of your bedroom door?
Zica: Nothing much and, at the same time, all too much. It is the ordinary room of an ordinary girl, but on the other hand, it holds my things, what I write, draw, paint and compose…
Gui: And is all this going to remain locked up in there?
Zica: No, no, it’s almost out.
Gui: No one, absolutely no one actually can enter your room?
Zica: No way. That is my world, it’s just some square meters that become infinite. From there I can get to any place… That is mine and mine alone, no one has gone in there since I was 13 years old …
Gui: What is your biggest dream?
Zica: Put my music on the street and see my drawings move…
Gui: Do these drawings move?
Zica: Yes, I want to become an animated cartoon…

About Gui: When I was little, we were forced to stay together while my mum and his mum shopped endlessly. It was he, our nannies and I, and we did not get along at all. I hated those times, until our mothers quarreled and this ended. Years later we ended up in the same high school and who would have thought that he’d become my best friend? That’s life…

1 comment:

  1. é que tudo que é forçado não é legal... rsrs...

    Besos, guapa...

    ReplyDelete